What is your accommodations policy?
Johns Hopkins Engineering is committed to making all academic programs, support services, and facilities accessible to persons with disabilities. If accommodation is needed during your time with us, please email us at [email protected] We ask that requests for accommodations are made on or before the registration deadline for the course.
What is your cancellation policy?
If you need to cancel or transfer your attendance, please contact us at [email protected] at least 5 business days prior to the start date of the course. Registrants who do not cancel or transfer within this timeframe, or otherwise not attend the course, will not receive a refund.
What is your credit card refund policy?
Course cancellations must be received at least 5 business days prior to the course start date. Payments made via credit card will be automatically refunded in five-seven business days when the cancellation is made within 120 days of the payment date. For refunds for credit card payments cancelled 120 days or more after the payment, please contact us at [email protected].
What discounts and incentives do you offer?
- Full-time, benefits-eligible Johns Hopkins University faculty or staff member: If you are a full-time, benefits-eligible faculty or staff member who has been employed by JHU for at least 120 days, and continue in a full-time position while enrolled in courses, you are eligible to receive tuition remission. You receive 100% remission if your department certifies the course benefits your professional development and your department is willing to pay if you do not attend the course or if you cancel with less than one week’s notice. The one-week cancellation notice is waived only for emergencies with written documentation. There is an annual limit of 2 classes per calendar year for noncredit professional development courses taken at JHU. For more information on this policy, please refer to the HR website.
- Johns Hopkins Medicine and Johns Hopkins Health Systems employees receive a 20 percent tuition scholarship on all programs. Email [email protected] to receive the appropriate coupon code.
- Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab employees receive a 20 percent tuition scholarship on all programs. Email [email protected] to receive the appropriate coupon code.
- As a Johns Hopkins University Whiting School of Engineering alumni, you are entitled to one free Lifelong Learning course per calendar year, no matter when you graduated. Alumni from all other Johns Hopkins University divisions receive a 50 percent tuition scholarship on one Lifelong Learning program per calendar year. Three seats per course will be reserved for alumni. Seats will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Email [email protected] to receive the appropriate coupon code.
- We also offer custom group discounts and corporate partner incentives. For more information, email us at [email protected]
- A discount of 5% will be applied to groups of 6 or more attendees.
What is your intellectual property policy?
The content and any other intellectual property associated with this course is owned by Johns Hopkins University and shall not be redistributed or used for anything other than personal use. Intellectual property includes, but is not limited to, faculty developed teaching materials in electronic and print formats such as slides, lecture notes, lab exercises, web pages, audio and video recordings of the faculty, distance education materials, software, survey instruments, research and teaching data, assessment tools, and manuals.
What is your attendance policy?
A certificate of completion is awarded at the end of each course. This certificate of completion indicates your participation and activate engagement in the course. We understand that unforeseen events may prevent you from attending a portion of the course. In such situations, certificates of completion will be granted solely based on the recommendation of the course instructors.
What is your inclement weather policy?
If a JHU Engineering Lifelong Learning course needs to be canceled due to weather or other emergencies, the Lifelong Learning team will communicate any changes to the schedule through email and text alerts.